We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As our Project Manager for Content, you will lead the implementation and subsequent management of all content related cross-functional project management processes. This role will facilitate both processes within the Content department itself and any interfacing on content related projects with other teams across the business. The Content Department is based in LA and this role will sit in SF facing off to other teams, ensuring that both the Content department and the rest of the company in SF have what they need to get content delivered on time, with maximum efficiency and to the highest level of quality. This role will be the point person for the full lifecycle of content releases and will manage trade offs, keep stakeholders accountable, meet deadlines, and communicate project status and risk, etc.
- Implements world-class creative industry standards and practices to result in world-class quality content
- Defines and subsequently champions new processes across the business, getting strong buy in from all teams and senior stakeholders for their maintained engagement
- Planned content releases with detailed timelines and communicated across the business effectively, (e.g. all content planned out ahead 6 weeks in advance and communicated cross-functionally to the relevant people)
- Produce monthly forecasting with regard to: Content strategy (advance warning for cross functional dependencies), Timelines, Progress etc.
- All areas of content with regard to the full lifecycle of the process for content releases are documented in a way they can be understood and used by anyone at any level in the business
- All relevant teams across the business are aware of and understand how to use the process for content releases
- Where teams aren’t following the process, the root cause is identified and mitigated
- The process for communicating with other teams during the content release process is clearly defined
- Regular and ceaseless iterations on the content release process for optimization of maximum speed and efficiency
- Clear understanding who the key stakeholders are when working with other teams, (i.e. who needs to be warned, review and approve, etc.) and how much information each level needs, (RACI matrix)
- Unified systems, software and platforms for communication with the rest of the company
- Risks and issues are articulated clearly in advance to the relevant people
- Problems are presented with accompanying recommended options for solution
- Anticipates process, communication and recruitment gaps in other teams and makes recommendations
- Understands the company priorities at an organizational level and anticipates scheduling issues with competing areas of the business that may impact content releases
- Notices opportunities for improvement cross-functionally and surfaces to appropriate point of contact
- Valuable source of cross-functional feedback, helps people understand the root causes of blocks
- Experience working in the creative and tech industry, specifically within a content-driven business
- Strong project management experience; working cross-functionally across a variety of departments (product, engineering, legal, operations, marketing, finance)
- Experience with Gantt charts and tools like Asana or Monday for organization of resources and timing of projects
- Experience with Jira for task delegation and assignment and tracking completion of items
- Strong background orchestrating numerous parallel initiatives across teams
- Familiar with Scrum methodologies Strong communication and consensus-building skills at both an IC and an Executive level
- Pragmatic and skilled with prioritization
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive and assertive: will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- No ego: must be humble Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient where there are frustrations
- World class juggler who won’t drop balls
- Ability to move quickly, implementing improvements efficiently and effectively
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!