At Vector, we believe great technology can better serve trucking and logistics. Our mission is to empower all parties throughout the load lifecycle with tools to achieve operational efficiency, and gain intelligence to act with unparalleled insights. To tackle this ambitious goal, we have built a team of technologists fundamentally rethinking how tools in transportation should work.
We are looking for a product marketing manager who is interested in translating from vision to actual execution. You will be collaborating cross-functionally across all aspects of the product lines, helping to translate messaging, pricing and positioning to the field and to customers. You will be a key player in working through product strategy and assessing competitors in the logistics space, helping to simplify the positioning of our workflows in the logistics market.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy and positioning for all of Vector’s product offerings from Delivery to Cash
- Lead messaging, positioning and packaging for all product lines
- Collaborate with Product Management to create differentiated corporate and product positioning for Vector
- Deliver assets and collateral to help the sales team articulate our value through PowerPoint, Google Slides, imagery, videos and product write-ups
- Perform a competitive market analysis and enhance our arsenal of competitive weapons.
- Work with marketing, sales, PR and event teams to develop product launch plans and roll out new product capabilities
Product Marketing at Vector is a broad role. As such, we need well-rounded “athletes” who can:
- Put together compelling pitches that makes people want to buy
- Develop a point of view and create thought leadership for complex topics like rendition billing or text extraction
- Go deep on the product and engage with customers in new, creative ways
- Research the market to understand competitive and market dynamics, and use that understanding to guide the field
- Work with data, and not be afraid to dive into stats and metrics about product usage, pricing analysis, market analysis etc
- 3+ years experience in sales engineering, product marketing, or management consulting at a high tech company is preferred
- Proven track record of crafting compelling customer facing presentations (you will be asked to provide samples)
- Ability to be scrappy and successfully drive projects in a startup environment (with minimal guidance, limited resources)
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally
- SaaS experience a plus
- Knowledge of the trucking or logistics space a plus but not required
- MBA a plus