Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role
At Imperfect we are all about groceries on a mission. We're seeking a talented and experienced Product Manager to join our growing and dynamic team; as we enrich and build out delightful shopping experiences for our customers. Imperfect delivers healthy, affordable, and delicious groceries to your door while reducing food waste and building a more effective and sustainable food system.
As a Product Manager you will team closely with engineering and designers as your key partners to: innovate, craft, and drive intuitive features and solutions from concept to completion to engage and delight our customers; and enhance their user experience.
In this role you will have the unique opportunity to make an impact and own product execution for a large part of the business as well as influence product strategy, process, and community.
You will leverage your outstanding product instinct, creativity, analytical abilities, and relationship building expertise to drive collaborative results with cross functional teams across: product, engineering, marketing, customer experience, business, operations, and finance.
We have exciting growth ahead of us as we evolve from produce to a full-service grocery, as well as expand our footprint to serve even wider areas of the country. We abound in interesting challenges around customer-facing features, scale, and logistics.
If you are exceptionally customer focused and technology savvy to help us continuously push to the next level, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Research and planning: identify the wide-ranging implications for each product feature and problem-solve across the entire organization. Anticipate problems before they impact the team
- Design: define features and functionality based on feedback and research. Work with designers to rapidly prototype ideas and qualify with engineers
- Implement and test: thoughtfully narrow down to MVP's that create end user value and gain insights with the least amount of effort. Optimize for quick adoptions.
- Release: manage the full cycle and oversee the process through from execution to launch.
- Measure: analyze the impact of your experiments, and be prepared to present recommendations for the paths forward
- Create consensus for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of consumer or Ecommerce product management experience, with full cycle responsibility from inception through launch and iteration
- 3+ years of working as a Product Manager at a growth-stage company highly preferred
- Experience in product execution, and shipping product in a production environment
- Domain knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Ecommerce, online grocery, subscription services, or digital consumer shopping
- Experience creating and influencing product roadmaps and product strategy
- Highly skilled at identifying roadblocks and resolving issues to maintain the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Product history of working and collaborating closely with engineering teams and UI/UX designers
- Technically proficient with the ability to understand and work across the entire web and infrastructure stack. You can keep up with engineering discussions, and ramp quickly to learn new things
- Possess excellent project management, execution, and prioritizing skills
- Experience establishing baselines, setting SMART goals, and measuring success
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Strong research and analysis background, fluency working with quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to think creatively with vision, and manage ambiguity with changing priorities
- Bonus Points: Previous professional experience as a developer, designer, or QA; Experience working on consumer product with offline components; Experience working with real-world logistics, SQL
- Cool as a cucumber: You prefer thinking over reacting
- Hyper-organized: In your thoughts as well as your communication style
- Doer: You like ideas, but you like execution better
- User focused and data-informed
- Curious, passionate and positive
- Personally aligned with our mission to create a better food system
Details of the Position
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Product
- Based out of our San Francisco (Bayview) based headquarters
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and credit towards free Imperfect product!
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time
- Standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets also required
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.