Forward is redesigning the way we deliver healthcare, using all the technologies healthcare has historically neglected. As an early member of our world class product team, you’ll have a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles.
We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here and some recent press: New Yorker, TIME, USA Today, Forbes & TechCrunch.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work on an inspiring team alongside our founders, PMs, designers, engineers hailing from top companies like: Google, Facebook, Uber, Palantir, frog, IDEO
- Combine the best of humans and technology to deliver an amazing user experience
- Own the roadmap for and implementation of our biggest projects; think Google vision + startup speed
- Work across a truly “full stack” product. Forward spans hardware, software, industrial design, data science, service design, and more
- Challenge yourself working on a massive scope (many of our products could have been their own startup - we built our own telemedicine app, exam room screen, body scanner and electronic medical record)
- Lead interdisciplinary functional teams of designers, engineers, doctors and operations to build “clinical programs” - imagine redesigning dermatology from scratch and you start to get the idea
- Learn what it takes to build a world-changing startup, both by osmosis and through constant interaction with our founders
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our users (whether that be our patients or great clinical team).
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- A Renaissance (wo)man. You’re curious. You’re always learning. You’re as comfortable talking shop with an doctor as you are with a designer or engineer.
- A good helicopter. You can alternate between 10,000 foot and 10 foot views easily, and at the right time. Product vision? Fit-and-finish? All in a day’s work.
- Creative. You don’t need to be asked to think outside of the box… you know when to climb hills and when to jump them.
- Scrappy. You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn.
- A leader. You’re kind, charismatic and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side.
- 5+ years tech experience.
- BA/BS required. STEM degrees preferred.
- PM experience required.
- Startup experience helpful.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.