Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
Are you obsessed with customers? Do you love building inspiring and intuitive shopping experiences and creating website and app features from scratch? Are you passionate about measuring results and using data to optimize results? Do you enjoy being able to say “I built this” and point to something people love? Then we want to talk to you.
We're looking for a Product Manager to help us build an inspiring, intuitive, addicting, “spend half my life on your site” shopping experience for our customers that drives industry-leading sales growth for our business. You’ll own the end-to-end product management cycle from conception and requirements, to scoping and development, to delivery and optimization and be responsible for collecting customer and business requirements, writing detailed use cases and specifications, and driving projects from design to release. Throughout the process you'll coordinate efforts across our creative, technical, and business teams and will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize customer experience, time-to-market, and impact.
The right candidate will have a product management background, strong analytical talent, and a knowledge of current web and mobile technologies. You should have a track record of successful product and feature launches and be able to explain why they would never have happened without you. You be scrappy, crave autonomy and ownership, and be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, unhindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are capable of developing and driving high-level strategic initiatives but also love rolling up your sleeves and digging in to get the job done.
This is a company where you can have BIG scope and make a HUGE impact. Ready to get started?
- Work both independently and with cross-functional teams to understand customer needs and business opportunities
- Estimate and communicate business impact for roadmap features
- Participate with the Product and Engineering team in roadmap prioritization
- Clearly define requirements for roadmap features
- Coordinate execution across Engineering and business teams to meet deadlines
- Participate in pre/post production QA. Accountable for quality of final features
- Continuously report on results from product launches to confirm impact estimates
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or experience in product management or a related field
- Customer obsession; the ability to understand and address customer issues and have an insatiable drive to improve the customer experience
- Problem solving/ analytical skills; ability to break down complex problems, define critical paths, understand assumptions/limitations of data
- Initiative and drive; have the ability to self-manage/motivate, proactively learn necessary skills, independently manage projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to execute large product launches across multiple business teams
- Knowledge of agile development process
- Startup experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of and experience with A/B testing tools
- Passion for fashion