Individual car ownership has dominated transportation for decades. What once stood for mobility, convenience, and expedition has given rise to high costs, sickening pollution, and crushing gridlock. Our mission is to rethink transportation through a commitment to human connection and shared experiences. In partnership with our community of passengers and drivers, we design, build, and defend the safest, smartest and most social transportation network in the world. Sidecar is here to change the world and how people move around it. Founded in 2012, Sidecar is the original social transportation network.
About the Role
In this role, you will do everything from gaining a deep understanding of the customer, keeping up to speed on competitors, testing different product concepts, creating the product roadmap, developing specifications, and working closely with designers and developers. Given the varying types of people you will work with, whether technical or not, the ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, over the phone, or on a napkin is essential. Leadership is a critical quality as product managers build by motivating cross-functional teams. This doesn't mean we require experience managing a lot of direct reports. Most people at Sidecar don't manage a lot of people as we're a very flat organization, but the number of boxes below you in an org chart is an imprecise measure of leadership. At Sidecar, influence is a function of the strength of your ideas, how clearly you can articulate your thinking, and the charisma with which you communicate.
Candidates should have experience envisioning, defining, planning, outlining, and spearheading the execution of world class products. This role requires strong business judgment, understanding of current trends and technologies, mastery of product management best practices, and a keen focus on consumers. We are looking for someone that's passionate about our mission and who obsesses over building world class mobile applications.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers, both online and offline
- Create and implement the product roadmap, partnering closely with other teams in Sidecar
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and launch innovative products and features
- Monitor and analyze competitive and industry trends
- Drive continuous innovation and refinement in our service
- Distill business and product requirements into actionable items for designers and engineers
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably for a consumer-facing product or service
- Proven experience in managing a product from ideation through development all the way to customers hands
- Experience designing interfaces optimized for mobile devices
- Experience in lean start-up and growth hacking
- Strong understanding of analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively and with poise and maturity in person, in writing, over the phone, on a napkin - you'll need that when communicating with colleagues from different groups and different geographies
Compensation & Perks
- Full time salary and stock options negotiable based on experience.
- Health benefits.
- Sidecar credits galore.