At Vector, we believe great technology can better serve trucking and logistics. Our mission is to empower all parties throughout the load lifecycle with tools to achieve operational efficiency, and gain intelligence to act with unparalleled insights. To tackle this ambitious goal, we have built a team of technologists fundamentally rethinking how tools in transportation should work.
We are looking for a product designer who is interested in solving product and design challenges in an industry that touches all aspects of our lives, logistics. You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams at Vector to research problems, design workflows, interactions and visualizations helping to simplify complex supply chain workflows involving many different users across mobile and web into a clean, straightforward, and easy-to-use product user experience.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers and Customer Success on all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Be the user advocate of the team; help prioritize and inform product roadmaps and strategies based on user wants and needs.
- Take the time to understand the complexity of the system and solve the design problem at scale.
- Ensure craftsmanship in design deliverables.
- Help contribute and evolve the Vector Design System and UI/UX component library.
- Execute the design process at Vector, and help to guide and improve the process.
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help to lead critique, design reviews.
- Work with cross-functional teams: Customer Success, Sales & Marketing, etc. to gain understanding and empathy around user needs in both qualitative and quantitative ways.
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use across mobile and web.
- Ability to distill complex user workflows and business problems into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Passion, talent and experience for designing end-to-end experiences.
- Experience planning and executing user research to clarify the product and design directions, as well as to evaluate and validate designs.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience building or contributing to a design system; experience crafting a specific UI/UX component and define its look and feel, and interactions in details.
- Experience designing systems involve multiple user personas and complex workflows, a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, or applicable programming language, a plus.
- Experienced designer that knows how to prioritize and work on things that matter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, can work independently.