Requisition Number: PRINC01551
PRINCIPAL QA ENGINEER
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
Principal QA Engineer
Reporting to the Vice President Software Development, the Principal QA engineer will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and execution of testing for Rubicon Global’s suite of mobile apps and web portals. This role will play an integral part in managing multiple releases across applications in agile environment.
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Proficient in SQL and prior experience with testing reporting dashboards and data portals.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and drive delivery of SaaS products in a highly scalable environment across web and mobile
- Lead and manage projects with global development & QA teams
- Develop, enhance and maintain tools/applications for the test automation framework supporting automated functional testing using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom built systems.
- Propose, define and implement processes and standards for test automation.
- Provides detailed documentation, presentations and training on automation framework/tools/tests developed.
- Define and prioritize release schedules, and allocate appropriate resources to ensure predictable delivery of multiple applications, services and projects.
- Participate in the design process and drive development of the comprehensive test plans
- Establish and track the quality metrics, KPIs and reports
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in quality assurance, with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading the development of applications & features from prototype to release
- 4+ years of owning and driving end-to-end testing across multiple teams.
- 4+ years of experience building and developing automation & frameworks
- Excellent project management skills
- Delivering projects using agile methodologies
- Experience with building consumer facing products and implementing enterprise scale distributed systems.
- Proven track record in delivering complex, high performing, scalable production quality SaaS and Mobile products
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- BS in Computer Science or related filed (MS in CS or Engineering preferred).
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.