We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Given the exciting growth in our employee base across the globe, we're looking for just the right person to own the day-to-day people processes that ensure our team members get a world class onboarding experience, run critical programs that drive team performance. We are looking for a team member to work across the people organization helping to drive people operations, think innovatively, and drive processes that will ultimately improve the company and the employee experience. You are excited and willing to collaborate with business leaders cross-functionally on a variety of people challenges. You like to have a deep understanding of the business you support and tailor solutions to their needs. You'll also be responsible for employee benefits, annual employee reviews, reporting and compliance, and off-boarding. We're looking for a decisive problem solver with a “get it done“ attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Understand our company goals and align our people practices with our business objective
- Shape all foundational people processes through the right balance of employee experience, efficiency, systems automation and economics
- Consult with business leaders, managers, recruiters, and other cross-functional teams to develop and implement best practices and change management as we continue to evolve and grow
- Drive and up-level all aspects of people operations including: on-boarding, off-boarding, performance management, benefits, and learning
- Champion collaborative cross functional relationships with recruiting, office management, payroll and hiring managers to ensure the successful onboarding and offboarding of new employees and contingent workers. Off-boarding, including exit interview, paperwork, system deactivation, final paycheck, equipment collection, etc. Prepare termination and severance letters.
- Develop and maintain programs for performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and individual contributor and manager/executive training
- Maintain the employee handbook and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures.
- Managing and maintaining all local data - personal documentation, onboarding, offboarding, and day-to-day transaction documentation
- Ensuring data integrity by way of driving best practices through systems/tools, processes, auditing, and internal tracking
- Use data to guide your decision making, whether it’s time saved automating a process or the ROI of delivering a great experience
- Proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues - including resolving difficult interpersonal and employees retention issues
- You should not only be skilled at designing large-scale strategic initiatives, but also at getting your hands dirty and getting things done
- Ensure all of our activities are kept up-to-date in line with current legislation
- Create a comprehensive compensation and leveling strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies
- Act as a strategic advisor to company leadership for all things people-related as well as a generalist who is seen as the point of contact within the company for all things people-related
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Juggling plates is your favorite party trick
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- No ego: must be humble (this may be the most important one)
- Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
- Competitive salary and equity
- Take what you need PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!