SAFEbuilt is currently looking for a Permit Technician to work in one of our regional offices. This position serves as key office personnel who interact on a daily basis with the public, city employees, inspectors, plans examiners and the building official. Customer service, organization, detail oriented and multi-tasking is a must.
- General duties will be in taking plans, issuing permits, minor plan check (kitchen, bathroom, etc). Would need someone tech savvy as we do a lot of submittals and issuances digitally.
- Minor plan check
- Reliability is a must.
- Interfacing with all customers to service their building department related needs.
- Issuing and/or tracking permits through the permitting process, beginning with application acceptance, plan review, inspections and permit closure.
- Establishing and maintaining systems to ensure that all files, letters, reference manuals, field inspection reports, permit files, blueprints, drawings, and other data or material is maintained in an organized fashion.
- Working with plans examiners and inspectors throughout the company to develop and ensure consistent processes.
- Hours would be 8am – 5pm Monday thru Friday.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele.
- Good time management, organization, telephone, attention to detail, and people skills.
- Must be able to perform multi-task operations with frequent interruptions.
- Perform a variety of duties requiring use of independent judgment and technical knowledge.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills are a must.
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly pay.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt has seen a significant increase in municipal contracts and employee growth over the past few years. 2018 is already shaping up to see similar growth and opportunity. SAFEbuilt partners with over 450 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services.
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 600 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2200.