POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Controller, the Payroll Manager is responsible for payroll for all corporations. The Payroll Manager oversees payroll distribution and ensures accurate calculations and records.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures accuracy and appropriate records for all payroll functions.
- Prepares payroll reports including employee pay, leave, taxes, withholdings, medical and dental on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly close processes for all Payroll functions, including reconciliations of accounts and systems and review of all accruals.
- Ensures all medical, dental, garnishment and benefit contribution and billing reports.
- Process new hire paperwork and other related PR changes and interface with Human Resources as necessary.
- Review 403(b), FSA and other data to third party administrator as necessary.
- Oversee benefit administration, working closely with HR, including reconciling medical, dental, life insurance and flexible spending accounts as well as personnel audits, 403(b) process, special projects and reporting.
- Review schedules to be used by external auditors in their annual audits.
- Ensure accuracy of all information for Department of Labor, Workman Comp, 403(b) plan and other audits.
- Distribute annual W-2s and other forms as needed.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and retention of qualified staff.
- Responsible for supervision, development, and performance evaluation of assigned staff.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least five years of experience in accounting and payroll as an individual contributor.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to not just identify issues, but analyze, brainstorm and propose resolutions to procedural issues within the unit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to tell a story with financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections for finance and non-finance leaders.
- Strong customer-service skills and experience collaborating across units and departments to create an approachable and effective accounting team.
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, delegate assignments appropriately within the team, and manage performance.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state financial regulations.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and UltiPro or similar system.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance