Hotel Nikko San Francisco, voted a Best Place to Work by San Francisco Business Times, is a luxury property located just off Union Square in Downtown San Francisco with 532 guest rooms and suites, 22,000 square feet of meeting and banquet room space, and has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Open and stock bar prior to opening, and during hours of operation.
- Assist bartenders with their needs.
- Deliver food from kitchen to table.
- Organize food tickets in kitchen.
- Assist guests when necessary.
- Gain full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions.
- Gain full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Follow food & beverage outlet policies, procedures and Forbes 5-Star service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Previous restaurant, club or lounge experience required, Barback and/or Food Running experience preferred.
- Previous point-of-sale system experience an asset, knowledge in Micros a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to memorize table numbers and positions to ensure accuracy of service.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to stand/walk for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to carry trays of 35 lbs. or more, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work evening shifts on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and a flexible schedule to work other shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
We offer an excellent benefits package to include; medical, PTO, sick, Holidays, Discounted Dry-cleaning. Friends and Family discounts at Nikko hotels and reciprocity rates at participating hotels.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and M/F/Vet/Disabled.
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.“