The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
THE SPIRIT OF THE POSITION:
The Operations Manager will oversee the operations of a hotel in the San Francisco. This position will be under the direction of the Area Manager to ensure 24/7 professional parking management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Operations Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their hotel(s).
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
The Operations Manager will ensure a smooth-running operation by guaranteeing that all staff employees are performing their job functions in an efficient manner. Including, but not limited to the below.
- Delivering top-flight customer service to our clients.
- Hiring ideal frontline employees and providing them with the appropriate training and tools to perform at their best.
- Maintaining the bottom line through facility marketing, cash control procedures and proper money handling practices.
- Supervise relations with clients to ensure that complaints, disagreements or misunderstandings about rates or services are resolved diplomatically.
- Supervise the quality of work for all employees to ensure that all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently, effectively, and as required.
- Ensure that proper parking, security, cash control and customer service procedures are being followed by all employees.
Handle all personnel issues, termination and training of support staff.
- Supervise special events or functions as they relate to the parking facility in order to ensure that incoming customers are served efficiently and properly.
- Monitor maintenance of the facility to ensure that it is clean and maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Prepare bank deposits to ensure that all previous day revenues are accounted for and deposited daily into the facility's bank account.
- Monitor office audits of daily cashier reports to ensure that proper sales totals are reported and recorded on time.
- Handle general accounting duties such as accounts payable/receivable, payroll, petty cash, and budgeting.
- Monitor and review all damage claims in order to assign responsibility for damages.
- Recommend and implement plans or programs to improve safety of operations to prevent the occurrence or re-occurrence of similar claims.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years in Management role.
- 2+ years working in a hotel/hospitality environment is required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Parking management experience of multiple locations is required.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.