Job ID: 177086
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Merchandising
Position: Merchant, Color (Makeup)
Location: San Francisco, CA
About Merchandising at Sephora:
Our merchandising team is constantly building brands, starting trends, and developing entirely new product categories. These experts roll up their sleeves and advise our brands on the best way to bring our clients what they crave—and what they will be craving soon. Our product pipeline is so robust and exciting that many of the items that will be most in-demand in our stores next year don't even exist yet. And our merchants don't stop at selection—they bring the assortment to life through breakthrough curation and storytelling across our stores and digital properties.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Merchant - Color, you will be responsible for achieving financial and strategic goals of the Color category and assigned brands – including sales, productivity and gross margin. Reporting to the Senior Director, you will implement department objectives/ projects, brand and client strategies and visual presentations within your assigned brands and the product world. In addition, you will:
- Develop and execute overall strategy for brand growth with new product introductions, core products along with strategic expansion of current brands as well as reduction and exits of underperforming brands
- Establish and manage brand relationships, inclusive of terms negotiations (margin, testers/damages, training support, co-op, RTV's, samples, and more)
- Develop, manage assortments and plan launches and animations for brands within the color category strategy
- Analyze all elements of the category and brands to identify areas of opportunity
- Source and develop new brands that fill an important need gap within the category
- Communicate brand and business opportunities to our stores, as well as lead fixture/planogram planning and implementation with internal partners
- Develop, mentor and train team and direct report
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience at a retail buying office, within merchandising
- Demonstrated ability to develop category/brand strategies
- Experience with supervising and developing direct reports
- High-level problem solving and analytical skills, working well within ambiguity and navigating a complex business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in beauty industry or real passion for beauty is a plus
- Ability to travel and strong Excel capabilities
You'll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis“) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays“ (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters – it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora's goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.