The TuneIn Android app is at the center of our diverse set of web, mobile, and consumer electronics products, powering nearly 2 million active users a day. Users and content are brought together through our collection of APIs to provide great experiences for music, sports, news and podcasts.
We're adding a leader to our Android team whose primary responsibility will be to the people on the mobile team, ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing impactful work, and generally having a great time at TuneIn.
You will frequently work across the larger organization on different and challenging projects with cross-functional teams.
- You’re a high I/O person. You're approachable, thoughtful, listen well, and facilitate an easy exchange of ideas, knowledge, and practices. Your job is to serve your team and enable them to do their best. As a leader, you’re the humblest, most open-minded person in the room who executes beyond expectations.
- You have a growth mindset for yourself and your team. You’re passionate about mentoring and can skillfully balance the growth of your team with getting things done. Most of all, nothing gives you more of a thrill than seeing your team build something great, as the team individually, and uniquely, grows professionally.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals. You understand the payback of clean, tested, observable code.
- You have diverse experiences with languages, patterns, use cases. You have been the person evangelizing good engineering practices in your past experiences.
- You have high standards and love upping them as needed. You’re well acquainted with measuring sticks like metrics and dashboards to measure performance and productivity.
Key Attributes We Would Like You To Have
- 8+ of experience managing software engineering teams, with 4+ years of this experience specific to Android/Mobile teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Oversee the day-to-day functions for a highly talented group of engineers
- Experienced with setting priorities and work with your team toward goals and initiatives
- Work across the various engineering teams to define, measure and monitor quality and performance
- Partner with product, design and other technical leaders to shape roadmaps that support our Android growth
- Lead the hiring process for the Android team
- Take pride in your work and have a high bar
- You are curious, humble, open-minded, and are willing and able to learn
- You like and value strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You deeply care about being the best and producing the best, have a high sense of accountability, and love huge challenges
- You seamlessly bounce between strategic and tactical roles as required
- Experience with video or audio streaming technologies is a plus.
TuneIn brings together live sports, music, news, and podcasts — hear what matters most to you! With live, on-demand and original content, we are one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world with 75 million monthly active users. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations globally and more than 5.7 million podcasts, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices — our listeners can always find what they love while discovering new things. Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, commercial-free top news networks like MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Talk, and a wide array of commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.