The Manager, Animation Home Video Marketing works closely with the Sr. Director, Marketing in setting the strategic direction for VIZ Media’s home video product line, including both physical and digital products. This position is responsible for building and leading multi-channel comprehensive marketing plans, including optimizing all key marketing vehicles such as partnerships, websites, email newsletters, social media, media buys (online & offline), and PR strategies. The right candidate will lead in the identification of industry trends, tracking and analyzing competitive products, and leading the retailer marketing relationships.
- Works with key P&L owners to develop, create, and execute comprehensive marketing plans for VIZ Media’s animation properties and key initiatives
- Partners with the sales team in identifying retailer offerings; including price points and features
- Researches and identifies competitive offerings to better shape the VIZ point of differences and identify areas for growth
- Assesses issues and challenges in the current marketing and product business model (and its organizational capabilities) and recommends necessary changes for improvement
- Maintains clear & actionable results-driven goals for the Animation Marketing team including quarterly and annual marketing planning calendars
- Translates marketing strategy into digestible, implementable and prioritized project plans
- Acts as a focal point of on-going communication among cross-functional project teams, including, but not limited to: Sales & Retail Development, Animation Production, Licensing, Business Development, Partners and Vendors
- Conducts regular audits of ongoing Marketing Campaigns, including customer behavior analyses, and incorporates the results into the improvement of all marketing campaigns and reports findings to the business leadership
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Strong presentation and communication skills; comfortable presenting research findings to large groups
- Ability to provide insight and formulate strategies
- Ability to conduct analysis on a variety of financial and business scenarios
- Solid research, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Able to work to in our office in San Francisco, California
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 7 years minimum of previous experience building, executing, and reporting on comprehensive multi-channel marketing plans a MUST
- Understanding of the home video and retail marketplace a MUST
- Previous experience managing a multi-million dollar budget PREFERRED
- Experience working with entertainment companies in a similar capacity PREFERRED
- Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position; MBA PREFERRED
This position supervises designated members of the Marketing team, and may give guidance to the work of interns and freelancers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes. MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Employees must adhere to all applicable VIZ Media policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. This is a Regular Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however, willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.