Founders Pledge is a charity that brings together a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to the most pressing global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. Our in-house research and advisory team helps them understand how and where those donations will create the biggest impact based on the latest evidence from the sector. We facilitate grants to charities around the world on behalf of our members and offer access to a global network of experts, at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised nearly $2 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1,250 members, it includes the people behind industry-leading companies including WeWork, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
Founders Pledge is launching a new community called The Foundry comprised of major donors who meaningfully advance our mission, including by funding our operating costs. Like other major gift programs, The Foundry community will be carefully stewarded, and kept informed of our strategy and impact. Unique to Founders Pledge, this community will be invitation-only, and focused on developing a meaningfully engaged community of HNWIs who are interested in learning and collaborating to maximize their ability to do immense good.
As this is a new position at Founders Pledge responsible for launching a new group within our broader community, we’re looking for a builder with exceptional interpersonal skills, who is excited about creating and delivering an excellent end-to-end experience for this community of major donors.
Your experience building out high-level donor programmes, building and supporting long-term successful relationships with new and potential donors, and bringing in high-value donations will help you thrive in this role.
Reporting to our San Francisco Managing Director and working as part of a global Fundraising team, you will be required to:
- Develop upon existing recruitment materials for The Foundry working collaboratively with Founders Pledge’s marketing and global fundraising team to develop additional recruitment materials as needed
- Test and iterate upon the existing major gifts strategy which aims to raise $35m over three years from ~30 individuals/families
- Direct prospect identification for US Foundry members, develop leads with the support of Founders Pledge’s executive team and network, and actively develop relationships with Foundry prospects
- Working with Founders Pledge’s UK-based Investor Relations Lead, develop and execute a global stewardship program for Foundry members, including an annual events schedule, impact reporting plan, and communications plan
- Build and maintain trusted and meaningful relationships with high net worth individuals and partner closely with our Leadership team and key stakeholders, effectively deploying them in service of meeting fundraising goals
- Be an ambassador for Founders Pledge, connecting the Foundry community with opportunities to take our pledge, utilize our research services, and engage with our broader Founders Pledge community through our events
- Demonstrate an authentic commitment to and belief in our mission, vision and values
This role is perfect for someone who has:
- Experience as a major gifts fundraiser or key relationships/sales manager with an ability to authentically share our story and inspire giving from others
- A proven record of meeting and exceeding ambitious fundraising or sales goals in an entrepreneurial environment
- Comfort operating in a start-up environment where procedures, processes, and materials may need to be created from scratch
- Experience of effectively managing and leveraging relationships with high net worth individuals
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment
START DATE: ASAP
WHERE: San Francisco
TRAVEL: Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
SALARY: $80,000 - $110,000 (dependent on experience)
Why work with us
- Help shape the future of strategic philanthropy
- Join a team of talented, mission-driven individuals
- Generous vacation time to let you recharge and refresh
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan - 100% covered by Founders Pledge
- Access to both Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) plan (Human Interest)
- Commuter benefits (WageWorks)
- Discounted membership with your choice of gym
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.