As a Logistics Procurement Manager, you will drive purchasing activities with internal stakeholders including finance, logistics operations and business development teams. Develop bid specifications, identify and vet potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, prepare bid-recaps, and make sourcing recommendations. For this role you must be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese
- Logistics experience and commercial contract negotiation expertise
- 3 years of related experience in vendor/carrier management in a Supply Chain or E-Commerce environment with experience in sustained cost reductions
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation
- Knowledge of purchasing processes (SOP's, RFP/RFQ/RFI's, PO's, Gap Analysis, etc.)
- Excellent negotiation, organization, analytical, and communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality results
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of INCOTERMS and familiarity with customs, tax, and duty requirements for international shipping
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Strong experience with supplier performance management and reporting in working with performance metrics, performance scorecards and supplier review
- Ability to drive change with a long term perspective across multiple functions and transform the business.-
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Team player, self-motivated, result-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization, technical and non-technical audience
What You'll Do:
- Manage supplier relationships and act as point of escalation
- Responsible for maintaining productive global transportation and ancillary service contracts
- Project management resolution of commercial issues related to transportation contracts.
- Be able to resolve problems as well as operational obstacles with vendors and stakeholders as necessary.
- Lead purchasing activities with internal stakeholders: finance, logistics operations, production, and engineering departments and develop bid specifications, identify potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, vet suppliers, prepare bid-recaps, and make sourcing recommendations- Conduct commercial review of procurement requisitions and Statements of Work in accordance with business requirements and budgets, including: cost benefit analysis, specifications, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria
- Conduct negotiations and secure comprehensive agreements with transportation suppliers.
- Maintain a high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions
- Lead the collaboration with Legal in creating, negotiating, and editing optimal corporate transportation contracts and assure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies, regulations, and laws
- Maintain organized project records and documentation in compliance with local records retention policies
- Track and manage key data for the portfolio of transportation contracts to avoid cost exposure and service interruption
- Utilize enterprise cost mindset to continuously improve cost and quality for the global material, service, and product distribution network
- Develop and maintain key metrics and executive dashboard on procurement status, cost improvement, and market conditions
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities
Wish brings together top technical talent from Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, Pinterest, and Yahoo! Wish, www.wish.com, is changing the way people shop by making it more convenient and accessible to everyone on a global scale. We are passionate about connecting relevant products to relevant people. Using our top-notch recommendation system, we create a personalized shopping experience for each of our users. It’s a digital mall, right in your back pocket!
Wish was launched in November 2011 and already has over 200+ million registered users, making it one of the top 5 mobile shopping applications, and highest downloaded shopping app on Black Friday 2015!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.