Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Data Infrastructure team is responsible for the operational components of our data and machine learning platforms. Data is a strategic pillar of Grand Rounds’ products and an area in which we’re significantly investing. Today Grand Rounds has teams that are leveraging Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes and Kafka; the opportunity in this role is to design and ship the common data infrastructure for the organization.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer to lead the data infrastructure team. We believe lead engineers have a keen understanding of where our business is headed and mastery of their craft to help us get there. Specifically for the data infrastructure team, the ideal candidate must have a very strong understanding of data processing technologies for both data science and engineering, coupled with exceptional software engineering foundations and discipline.
Initial projects include:
- Workflow Orchestration: A fully managed workflow orchestration service that empowers data owners to author, test, schedule, and monitor pipelines.
- Batch and Streaming: Infrastructure to run both batch and streaming data processing pipelines
- Event Streams: A fully managed system to empower engineers to ingest, process and analyze event streams in real-time
- Exploratory Machine Learning: Infrastructure to facilitate fully isolated, elastic exploratory machine learning & data science.
- You have led and scaled teams teams that have built data infrastructure for data engineering and/or machine learning teams.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job.
- You have a commanding grasp of Spark, Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills and CS fundamentals. However, a formal CS degree is not required.
What you will do:
- Lead and mentor a small team of engineers that will build systems to empower our data engineers and data scientists
- Set the technical direction of the data infrastructure team at the 1+ year horizon
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.