Lead Product Support Specialist - SF, Denver, or Remote
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Team:
User Operations is a multi-function organization at Quizlet that helps students and teachers use our products successfully and works to encourage a user-centered culture at Quizlet. We support a global user base of students and teachers who rely on Quizlet to power their learning. As part of User Operations, the Product Support Specialist team serves as a bridge between our users and the product development teams. There is consistent collaboration with the other teams in User Operations including Support Operations, Self-Service, and Policy Enforcement, along with numerous other teams across all of Quizlet.
About the Role:
As a Lead Product Support Specialist, you are focused on delivering quality experiences to users. You are a subject matter expert across multiple product areas at Quizlet, and you enable our Support team by applying your product expertise to support strategies. You also partner with cross-functional product development teams by providing recommendations that you cultivate from analyzing user support trends and other data.
You work with keen attention to detail and a data-driven mindset, whether handling large projects or responding directly to users. You bring a strong sense of ownership to your product areas while understanding and being supportive of the broader product, team, and company landscape. Your success is measured by the impact you have on helping to achieve User Ops team goals and your ability to support the goals relevant to your product areas.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary subject matter expert for multiple product areas, developing a deep understanding of how products work and where both issues and opportunities exist
- Partner with the Support Operations team to enable the success of our front-line agents
- Provide data-driven insights and feedback to product development teams to support their goals, influence their direction, and prioritize high-quality experiences
- Partner with the Self-Service team to drive self-service outcomes for questions and issues
- Develop internal product documentation to promote understanding and clarity of functionality across the organization
- Coordinate the User Ops response to product launches and ongoing product development
- Triage, file, and prioritize bugs for product development teams to address, connecting those teams to the ongoing issues that users are facing, and advocate for action to address the issues
- Partner with other functions across the company to support the company and cross-functional objectives related to your product support areas.
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to support your product areas when new issues or opportunities appear
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Specialist or relevant experience
- Ability to effectively communicate user feedback and quality issues with product development teams
- Familiarity working with both web and mobile applications
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude
- A desire to help others and improve the user experience
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Payment processing systems
- BigQuery or SQL
- Developing support agent training
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in-home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remotely for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.