At Myia we are working on platform that we believe will fundamentally change US healthcare and prolong the lives of those with chronic disease. As we expand our functional and technical teams, we’re looking for passionate individuals to impact how we achieve this momentous task.
Our intelligent remote health monitoring platform was designed with the support of patients and clinicians to address serious chronic conditions such as heart failure, hypertension, and diabetes. We transform streams of personal, vital health data into actionable insights on patient conditions in real time, empowering care teams to take better and more timely action, prevent costly medical events, and ultimately set new standards of care.
Founded in June 2017, we’ve raised over $15 million from Mercy, the American College of Cardiology, and Silicon Valley VC’s.
We embrace open and frank problem-solving, collaborative design thinking throughout the company and practice agile development.
We offer a flexible working schedule, fantastic health benefits, office perks, and health and wellness programs.
The Design Team at Myia
Collaboration and design thinking have been foundational to Myia’s DNA from the beginning. The problems of the medical industry are not new, but we believe that working closely with clinicians and patients, will enable us to completely reimagine what healthcare could be. As we build out this new service ecosystem from the ground up, we are growing a talented team of designers, researchers, and content strategists passionate about solving complex, meaningful problems.
We believe in meeting patients and clinicians where they are— creating service touchpoints that are clear, delightful, thoughtful, and integrate seamlessly into their daily routines. We are constantly learning from our clinical partners and patient community, as we observe, explore, iterate, and test new ideas.
By joining our small but mighty team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our product, brand, processes, and creative culture.
As a Lead Product Designer at Myia, you will work collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, and Content Strategists to craft elegant service and digital interface solutions for patients and care providers. You’ll touch all aspects of design, from strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves and creating. This role will report directly to Myia’s VP of Design.
Within the first 6 months you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of healthcare, Myia’s business strategy, and the role that IoT can play in impacting chronic care.
- Empathize with users– talk to leading care providers and patients to understand their needs, uncover new use cases, and gain insight.
- Dive into the design process– transform research insights into design opportunities, develop concepts into detailed interactive flows, and refine the visual details into pixel perfect engineering ready assets.
- Integrate into our product development team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to set Myia’s product roadmap.
- Work collaboratively to shape Myia’s product strategy.
- Advocate for the needs of the user, always striving for the optimal experience.
- Champion the unrelenting pursuit to simplify complex workflows.
- Leverage systems thinking to understand how each feature and micro interaction will come together to create a cohesive service.
- Guide the full design process, from exploration to final UI assets.
- Draw from your visual, interaction, and service design skills to continuously explore interesting new solutions.
- Plan and facilitate collaborative whiteboarding sessions and workshops actively listening to, synthesizing, and building on others’ perspectives.
- Provide thought leadership and help nurture a cohesive, fun and supportive team.
The ability to think through problems and experiment to arrive at elegant solutions.
Adept ability to switch modes between collaborative big picture problem solving and independently focussing on the details.
Communication that is clear and open, providing helpful and actionable feedback.
A love of cat gifs (or a pretty good sense of humor ;) )