About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create more than 50 million legal documents, and answer over 325,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is looking for a Lead Copywriter with strong consumer and B2B experience to help us communicate with a range of audiences including small business owners, developers, product managers, HR benefits managers, and general consumers.
As a key part of the marketing team and the lead writer at the company, you’ll be responsible for shaping the brand voice and tone, and facilitating a smooth and delightful user experience by developing and constantly testing copy for various Rocket Lawyer products.
You’ll bring your deep understanding of customer communication to all aspects of the user journey—including UI flows, product orientations, feature names, navigational nomenclature, in-product notifications, error messages, and more. You’ll also be responsible for marketing editorial efforts and developing copy across different mediums—including defining messaging on a larger scale across our website, developing lifecycle email copy, supporting product demo narratives, refining technical documents, and drafting landing page and digital advertising copy.
You’ll also be an active participant in the product development process and work cross-functionally with a breadth of teams including Product, Design, and Marketing in the U.S. and Europe.
The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter with a demonstrated ability to write high-quality copy for a variety of customer-facing projects ranging from UX writing for upcoming product launches to writing educational guides for small businesses.
The role reports into the Sr. Product Marketing Manager and is based in San Francisco, CA.
A Day in the Life
- Write in-product copy and actively participate in our product development process and go-to-market initiatives
- Create compelling customer-facing copy in a variety of formats to support marketing initiatives (e.g. UX copy, customer guides, video narratives, sales materials, etc.)
- Educate and mentor our document operations team to write effective and clear legal document templates to ensure simple and understandable document interviews
- Define and maintain our brand’s UX editorial strategy–written voice, style guide, and adaptations for specific products and target audiences
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to develop and maintain our product messaging framework and guidelines
- Ensure copy consistency everywhere from in-product touch-points to outbound marketing channels
- Conduct research, analysis, and health-checks on both new and existing copy and use quantitative/qualitative insights and SEO principles to optimize our website product copy
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 6+ years of experience as a copywriter, with experience writing for high traffic consumer-facing and B2B products/services
- Experience with UX copywriting and developing in-product copy; able to inspire action through the written word and make the customer journey effective and delightful
- Able to write clear and concise customer-centric copy using the appropriate voice for a particular target audience or channel
- Experience generating copy to be A/B tested to drive optimal engagement
- Experience writing educational content pieces for technical audiences, e.g. developers
- Data-driven and keeps an eye on goal conversion, bounce rate, time-on-page
- Creative, critical thinker with a flexible mind
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with evolving situations and assignments
- Participate frequently in global conference calls with U.S. and Europe
Please submit a portfolio or link to your work that shows writing samples for marketing purposes, product UI, launch assets, or style guides for consideration.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- Weekly Friday catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site