iRhythm Technologies is a San Francisco-based medical device company that is combining novel diagnostic devices with advanced data analysis concepts to create a new approach to cardiac rhythm monitoring. The products we design shorten patients’ paths to diagnosis and improve their quality of life – to date, iRhythm’s innovative and clinically proven service has been used by over a million patients.
About this role:
Our device design team is composed of a group of talented engineers spanning a wide range of engineering disciplines. We work together in a collaborative atmosphere and enjoy having the broad, flexible roles required to cover the product needs of the company. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovative products that improve the quality of healthcare and the patient experience.
We are looking for an efficient, flexible, collaborative, meticulous, and self-motivated electrical engineer who is interested in medical devices. You will be joining a company that helps hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
As a member of the electrical team, you will be involved in all areas of the product lifecycle such as: developing new concepts and prototypes, schematic capture and board layout, managing PCB fab and assembly, board and system bring-up and integration, test fixture and manufacturing tools development, compliance testing, documentation, transfer to manufacturing, sustaining engineering and field investigation support, and having fun with your coworkers.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or a related applied science field, or industry experience equivalent.
- 3+ years hardware experience in real-world or comparable settings.
- Strong analog circuit and electrical engineering fundamentals, concepts and practice.
- Proficient with industry standard PCB design tools for schematics and board layout (Altium, Allegro, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting, hands-on hardware bring-up, and functional verification skills.
- Able to support and mentor less-experienced engineers in the lab.
- Good attention to detail.
- Clear communicator and effective collaborator across engineering and non-engineering disciplines.
- Strong people skills. You thrive when working collaboratively with a group.
- A self-motivated problem solver that is willing to tackle any task, yet disciplined to meet deadlines.
- Willing to adopt and expand our development and process practices (design reviews, versioning control, etc.)
- Solid documentation and technical writing skills including the ability to manage specifications, develop and maintain design documentation, and author technical reports.
- Familiarity with batteries and power supply design for portable electronics.
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing, analog, digital, and low power circuit designs.
- Good understanding of signal integrity, crosstalk, EMI.
- Knowledge of wireless communications theory, RF/signal processing, RF antenna measurements (anechoic chamber, outdoor range, laboratory.)
- Familiarity with physiological parameters and sensing (e.g., ECG, pulse oximetry, blood pressure.)
What’s in it for you
This is a full-time position with competitive salary package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and time off.
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401(K) (with company match), ESPP, annual organizational and cultural committee events, charitable outreach and more!
How to apply
If the position feels like a fit, we are excited to hear from you. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, including a short explanation of your background, relevant experience, and what excites you about iRhythm and the medical-device field.
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.