Junior Business Analyst Engineer
Sidecar's engineering team is changing transportation as you know it. We are the engine of one of the most innovative and revolutionary companies in the world and we're looking for rockstar developers who are excited about our idea.
For this position, we are looking for a talented data scientist, who will be working directly with developers, business owners and executives. Qualified candidates will be focused on designing data models for experiments and creating actionable reports.
Our office is located in downtown San Francisco and is full of smart, hard-working people collaborating to bring ride-sharing to everyone… and having a great time along the way!
- Report on key business metrics; be the eyes for the business to grow.
- Create ad-hoc reports on experiments.
- Discover trends and opportunities through regression analysis and data mining techniques.
- Validate data to ensury accuracy.
- Present actionable data insights to every level of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in applied math or science field, computer science.
- Fluent in writing SQL queries (mySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with relational databases and query optimization.
- Experience with big data structures: Hadoop, Hive, Elastic MapReduce.
- Black-belt level excel skills
- Passion for using data to tell a story
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrive at working under tight deadlines.
- Experience with a scripting language: PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby is highly recommended.
- Experience with statistical computation tools such as Matlab or R
- Experience reporting on apps.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Excited about the future of ridesharing.