Requisition Number: PB-17414
Area of Interest: Inventory Management
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team You will be part of the Inventory Planning organization responsible for the strategic planning of inventory positions to drive sales, manage inventory turn and meet or exceed financial targets for your area of responsibility. Inventory associates are innovators, optimizers and problem solvers who are constantly seeking opportunities to move the business forward. You will collaborate with other business functions to support a product strategy intended to meet our customer's needs. About the Role The Inventory Planner is responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer experience through the strategic management of inventory for a specific product category. This role will partner with the Merchandising, Sourcing, E-commerce teams and counterparts in Retail Inventory and Distribution to maximize sales and in-stocks, optimize inventory turn, and drive profitable growth. This position reports into a Merchandise Planning Manager or Director and is responsible for meeting departmental sales, inventory and margin goals as outlined in the financial budget. You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
• Pre-Season Planning o Partner with Merchants to create pre-season, item-level sales plans that align with product rankings, merchandising strategies and tops-down financial goals. o Design inventory strategies that balance the composition of new and core, carry-over merchandise, support in-stock and turn objectives, and fit within the bounds of departmental receipt budget. o Determine item level order quantities and flow strategies and partner with Supply Chain Coordinator/Assistant Planner to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchase orders. o Leverage historical data to identify key learnings around product, pricing, and inventory and apply learnings to future seasons. o Review catalog proofs to ensure accuracy of SKU information and appropriate representation of key-items. Recommend actions for items on or at risk of backorder.
• In-Season Planning o Own monthly forecasting of department level open-to-buy and recommend near term actions to achieve sales goals and budgeted inventory EOMs. o Own monthly back order forecasting in partnership with Omni Replenishment Planner and Retail Planner. o Perform in-season, item level forecasting and ad-hoc analysis to identify inventory-related risks and opportunities for chase. o Recommend promotional pricing that maximizes sales and margin and balances inventory. o Determine markdown and end-of-life disposition strategies for non-go forward products. o Resolve escalated backorder, quality, vendor or inventory issues as needed.
• Leadership & Collaboration o Actively participate in creating a people-first culture that is entrepreneurial, accountable to delivering results, and celebrates success. o Collaborate with cross-channel planning partner to create a seamless brand experience and ensure customer is at the center of everything we do. o Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Sourcing, E-commerce teams and counterparts in Retail Planning and Distribution. o Support new-hire onboarding and provide training and mentorship to Assistant Planners. o Leverage WSI elements of career phases to manage and develop an Assistant Planner. Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
• We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
• A technologically and data-driven business
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
• We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
• We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
• We get to be creative on a daily basis
• A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
• BA/BS Required.
• Previous experience in retail merchandising or degree in merchandising preferred
• Data driven individual with a curious, entrepreneurial mindset.
• Minimum two years of experience in Inventory Management, preferably in e-commerce
• Proven ability to objectively interpret data and extract actionable insights that drive the business
• Proficiency in retail math and experience managing a traditional open-to-buy
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in MS Excel About Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas. Benefits: Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
• Tax-free commuter benefits
• A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
• In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Quarterly sample sales
• A business casual work environment
• A bike share program
• Time off to volunteer
• Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
• Company-sponsored walks and runs
• Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor“ an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration This role is not eligible for relocation assistance. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Inventory, Merchandising, Strategic Planning, Supply, Supply Chain, Operations, Retail, Strategy