US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: this is due to US export regulations. Sorry, we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online. And to pull it off we have to reinvent microwave radio systems in space using SDRs.
Work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. We are a well-funded team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the whole world and everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to come join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Learn and understand performance details of various spacecraft components for the purpose of developing and executing test plans.
- Learn to use various pieces of test equipment and instruments (thermal chambers, vibration tables, DAQs, oscilloscopes, etc.) to successfully execute test plans.
- Post-process test data to draw conclusions on test article performance relative to requirements.
- Generate test reports for presentation to engineering and executive staff.
- Develop test infrastructure to enable the above.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical, computer, aerospace, mechanical engineering, or equivalent technical degree, or current enrollment in a similar degree program.
- Fluency in Python or a similar object-oriented programming language
- Hands-on experience testing a mechanical or electrical part against a set of performance requirements.
- Experience writing test plans.
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development.
- Experience writing Python code to:
- Interface with test equipment
- Process large datasets
- Visualize data
- Direct electrical or mechanical design experience
- Experience with RF-specific bench equipment (VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators).
- Demonstrated ability to debug hardware and software problems under time pressure.