Everlane is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join its quickly-growing technology team in the sunny Mission neighborhood of San Francisco. Engineers at Everlane work in a highly collaborative environment to develop software solutions for an increasingly diverse set of challenges across logistics, retail, and e-commerce as we seek to reimagine and set ever-higher standards for transparency and sustainability within the apparel industry.
At Everlane we believe firmly in the capacity for technology and thoughtfully-designed product to differentiate and strengthen our position within the industry.
Day-to-day at Everlane:
- Empower everyone at Everlane to improve performance, resiliency, and security
- Accelerate the team's work by improving our build, test, and deployment tools
- Use Terraform to manage shared services including CDNs, DNS, TLS, MySQL, and Redis
A great fit on the team is:
- Passionate about leading by example, fostering ambition and shared values in new hires, and growing those values in more tenured team members.
- A technical leader, providing insight into design, strategy, and technical feasibility during the project planning and development phases.
- Keen on collaboration and is a reliable and trustworthy team member to not only Engineers but Product Managers, Designers, and the team as a whole.
- Someone who is not afraid of making mistakes but is eager to learn from them.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are experienced building web applications from the data model to the API layer, with modern frameworks like Ruby on Rails and React.
- You enjoy finding ways to make applications faster and more reliable for the user.
- You have a favorite HTTP header.
- You are comfortable validating the efficacy of your work, by way of testing, querying, and analysis.
- You have managed deployments with Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, or Chef.
- You excel in a continuous deployment environment, where automated tests are always running and where each engineer is responsible for their code reaching our customer base.
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.