Apcera is an Ericsson company. Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole. Apcera delivers enterprise-grade cloud and workload management capabilities where security is never an afterthought, all while keeping the technologies that our stakeholders love close to the core. Working with the close-knit Apcera team to support Ericsson, you’ll be part of a team where ideas, innovation, and diversity are embraced and celebrated.
The Corporate IT team is a small but mighty duo who is working to integrate Apcera’s systems with Ericsson’s. As a Corporate IT Systems Administrator, you will be challenged to troubleshoot problems, implement services, find inefficiencies and solutions, handle day-to-day support requests, and most importantly be a positive resource to our customers, the employees of Apcera. This role is ideal for an ambitious Systems Engineer or Administrator who can take on the responsibilities of being on a small team, wearing many hats, being self-motivated, and performing at a high level.
- Support the current infrastructure across the entire corporate infrastructure: VMware ESXi and vSphere, AWS, Network & Infrastructure, AV & Video Conferencing, user systems support, Linux & Windows server support, Storage Appliance, application support (Google Apps, DropBox, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Slack, etc.)
- Support the transition of IT services to Ericsson services (Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, etc.)
- Provide ongoing support for Ericsson related IT services
- Develop and manage system/security policies, monitoring, analytics, optimizations, backups operations and ensure compliance.
- Provide technical support to employees.
- Provide quality and regular documentation for systems, networks, change management and incident response.
- 4+ years in systems administration.
- Advanced Mac OS X System Administration experience in a corporate environment.
- Prior experience with Windows in an Active Directory environment.
- Networking experience: IDF/Server Room management, Firewalls, Switching/Routing, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication and customer engagement skills
- Good sense of humor
- JAMF Suite (Huge plus – possible opportunities to develop and shape Macs for Ericsson on a company-wide level)
- Linux Administration
- Advanced VMWare Administration