At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is searching for a seasoned Systems Engineer who will be responsible for helping to build and maintain the internal systems and networks for Lyft’s growing corporate IT organization. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with supporting complex heterogeneous environments in a fast-paced, high growth setting.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
- Act as one of the technical leads for Lyft’s growing IT network infrastructure
- Perform day to day support and administration including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, and automation of network infrastructure and corporate systems
- Train and mentor users on the IT support team
- Respond to tactical support escalations
- Provide continuous review of internal IT network infrastructure
- Some travel to support new office builds and retrofits
- 5+ years of experience with the following
- Experience with hosted environments such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, or Azure
- Designing and building MDF/IDF infrastructure
- Network equipment from Cisco, Juniper and / or other vendors
- Wireless network design, tuning and troubleshooting
- Implementing and tuning network and systems security in a large, complex multi-site environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.