We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As the IT manager, you are to lead the IT team in supporting Calm’s use of technology in day-to-day operations. You will own and implement security policies and procedures to keep Calm and its users safe. A great candidate will empower the IT team to solve technical issues quickly and efficiently. You will be able to scale the IT team as helpdesk needs to grow.
- Own helpdesk system, process, and documentation
- Scale IT team to meet the needs of a growing team
- Coordinate purchase and provision of hardware and software for new and existing employees
- Setup, update, maintain, and secure office networking hardware
- Oversee the on-boarding of new employees with hardware, software, and workstation setup
- Define and deploy security and access policies for company machines and software
- Partner with Finance to track purchasing, create budgets and projections of spending
- Lead initiatives within IT to improve compliance, security, automation, and user experience
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Expertise with supporting global teams
- Familiar with technologies like: GSuite Administration, Okta, Fleetsmith/Desktop Central, Ubiquiti Networking Hardware, Jira/Zendesk
- Security and Compliance Policy Rollout
- Proven track record of leading IT teams supporting 100+ employees
- Strong project management experience
- Track record of high impact business decisions
- Pragmatic and skilled with prioritization
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- No ego: must be humble (this may be the most important one)
- Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!