IT Help Desk Technician
About Sequoia Consulting Group
Sequoia Consulting Group is a tech-enabled consulting and services company that provides benefits, HR, payroll, and risk management solutions for people-driven employers with 20 to 20,000 employees. The Sequoia People Platform centralizes workforce data and helps companies navigate complex issues so they can maximize their investment in people, whether they are in office, distributed, or global. For two decades, Sequoia has been working with companies to balance the needs of their business with the needs of their people.
Sequoia has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Tempe, and Bangalore. Visit Sequoia.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Sequoia’s Information Technology (IT) department is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician who will be responsible for timely delivery of quality technical support to Sequoia team members. As an IT Help Desk Technician, you will help manage the ticket queue, perform IT operations, and systems administration for our growing company. You will have the opportunity to impact, learn, and develop through challenging projects and deployment of various technologies while also ensuring excellent service to our Sequoia team members.
What You Get to Do
- Manage the IT case support queue and provide Tier 1 - 2 support to both onsite and remote users, as well as some systems administration for backend infrastructure, network, and cloud applications.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues with laptops, multifunction printers, smart phones, tablets, and IT related hardware/software.
- Software duties include installing, upgrading, and maintaining a suite of software for Windows OS and MacOS systems.
- Perform Active Directory and Office 365 administration such as account creation, account removal, maintenance, and policies.
- Responsible for tracking hardware inventory and software licensing.
- New hire deployments, laptop imaging and setup including network/email accounts and computer hardware.
- Provide SaaS telephony and mobile device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Assist with systems administration and projects such network/data security, backups, patching, virtualization, networking, endpoint protection, etc.
- Maintain and update documentation, i.e. procedures, diagrams, inventory, and knowledge articles.
- Support and manage all Audio-Visual equipment for conference rooms, onsite and offsite events, and remote user issues.
- Lots of opportunities for challenging projects and deployment of new tech.
- May require occasional work on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require travel between Bay Area office locations.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technology field.
- 2+ years of experience in an IT support role.
- Experience with imaging and endpoint management systems.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 account management.
- Experience with Windows 10, MacOS, Office 365, Okta, Zoom, and more.
- Experience with networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN and Wi-Fi/WAP.
- Knowledgeable in IT security domains including user directories, single sign-on (Okta) and encryption.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Most importantly, live our Sequoia values day in and day out.
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Sequoia Consulting Group provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.
To work in our offices, our employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with CDC guidelines. Remote work options may be available. We will accommodate disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs, to the extent required under applicable law.