At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Job Entail?
As an HR Business Partner at Sequoia One, you will be central to providing strategic human resources and consulting to our high-growth clients. This includes education and analysis on key HR topics, hosting compliance training, owning client key-touch point meetings, providing employee life-cycle guidance and development of policies. You will act as the highest-level account manager and ensure service expectations are met while effectively resolving client team escalations. The ability to create, develop, and maintain strong client and teammate relationships is key to this role.
You will collaborate with a growing, client-focused team that is dedicated to developing meaningful relationships while providing clients with tools, resources and guidance in order to avoid unnecessary HR risks.
What You'll Do
- Add value to our clients’ HR programs through providing strategic analysis and consulting expertise
- Facilitate and educate clients through discussions, training sessions, and webinars on applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Partner with clients on quarterly and annual employer compliance requirements (HCSO, ACA Reporting, EEO-1 annual report)
- Collaborate with clients through employee handbook creation and policy review and development
- Create effective client communications around new employment laws/changes in legislation and collaborate on the HR quarterly newsletter
- Provide HR best practice guidance on hiring, employee relations issues, terminations, and LOA’s
- Lead annual renewal and benefit open enrollment meetings
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of HR experience is required, 2+ years of multi-client HR experience is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to develop and implement a long-term strategic plan
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate and work across client organizations (HR, CEO, CFO)
- Solutions-oriented team player who takes initiative and is accountable for results
- Detail and process-oriented thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand client needs and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional Designations/Certifications: PHR/SPHR highly desired
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan