Solutions Engineers at Bolt are at the nexus of opportunity and execution, both for our customers and for Bolt.
We are looking for a motivated leader with customer facing experience and an insatiable curiosity for technology. In concert with Sales and Customer Experience, Solutions Engineers play a critical role in deciphering complex application architectures and, when possible, devising creative yet practical solutions. While Bolt’s Solutions Engineers are primarily pre-sales focused, they act as a customer’s trusted advisor throughout the sales process into Launch. This allows Solutions Engineers at Bolt to optimize our pre-sales and post-sales efforts into one cohesive customer experience.
Come join and help build the fast-growing team at Bolt! Your work will have a vital impact on the success of our customers and our company. And you’ll love doing it with us along the way.
- Act as a player + coach, capable of building process for team execution and tactically executing in market
- Be a subject matter expert on Bolt’s checkout experience and evangelize Bolt’s value and features to potential customers
- Build out a distributed Solutions Engineering team supporting Corporate and Enterprise Sales
- Establish and execute on Solutions Engineering team strategic vision
- Enable SE and customer facing teams with industry relevant training
- Work the discovery and qualification of Bolt’s technical compatibility with potential customers and provide consultative guidance on technical deal strategy
- Strategically partner with Sales leaders to systematically identify and win customer business
- Collaborate closely with Bolt’s Implementation team to ensure customer Proof of Concepts and Onboardings are timely and successful
- Monitor industry news on technology products, partners, and competitors to ensure you and your team provide a deep ecosystem expertise
- Seek ways to optimize the technical sales process and build efficiency across Sales and Customer Experience teams
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- Provide technical responses to RFPs, RFIs, and Security Questionnaires
- Relevant professional experience - 5+ years of relevant Solutions Engineering (Sales Engineering) experience required. Bonus for relevant domain experience in payments, fintech, fraud/risk, or e-commerce platforms!
- Proven leader - 2+ years building and managing Solutions Engineering teams with documented success in process design
- Excellent communication skills - You can easily relate complicated concepts to non-technical people while maintaining the ability to speak credibly to highly technical people. You hear customer pains and excel at root-cause analysis in real time.
- Solution sales driven - You are motivated by devising pragmatic solutions to a complex set of customer requirements that lead to winning the deal.
- Polished presenter - You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to large groups, both technical and non-technical. Virtually and in-person.
- Understands business value - You tie business problems to Bolt’s technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Fast learner - You have a proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- Thrives under pressure - You perform well under uncertain, high pressure, and high impact conditions.