Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Our hope is that Seesaw will help teachers create these moments for every student in the world, every single day. We’re just getting started, but we’re well on the way towards achieving this vision -- Seesaw is used by millions of students in over half the schools in the US and teachers and students love us (Check out this real-time search for what people are saying about us on Twitter).
Seesaw is looking for an experienced Head of Product to guide our ambitious product efforts and lead a high performing product and design team. This role will be critical in helping to establish and execute on Seesaw’s vision and ensure we are consistently delivering high quality products our users love. You will lead a team of PM’s and product designers helping manage, coach, and develop team members while also building a strong product and design team culture. This is a unique opportunity to work with a collaborative and thoughtful team on a truly mission driven product that sparks creativity in the classroom everyday.
- Be a voice on the leadership team. Think strategically and have an impact on the overall business.
- Deeply understand the market and our customers in order to build products that deliver value.
- Work with product teams to set goals, give direction, and provide regular feedback.
- Hold regular 1:1’s with team members focusing on coaching, mentoring, and training and development of core skills.
- Establish product and design processes, principles, and culture ensuring the team is continuously becoming more efficient and working well together.
- Partner with the product design team on regular design critiques.
- Use data to inform product decisions, but be comfortable making decisions quickly without it, informed by your intuition and product knowledge.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in a product role including 3+ years leading product teams with experience at a consumer product company.
- Demonstrated success hiring, coaching, developing, and enabling a team across product and design.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to influence and manage up and across the organization.
- Experience building great user experiences driving thoughtful and impactful interactions.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving the status quo.
A Little About Us
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours and off-sites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.