Zeus - Flawless Stays.
We built Zeus Living so you can feel at home wherever opportunity takes you. Whether it’s for a month, a year or sometime in between, you can count on a thoughtfully designed home and a comfortable, easy stay. Our technology helps us select homes you’ll love in ideal locations at a good value, while our expert team handles all the details. Backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery and Initialized Capital, Zeus has raised $90M in funding and is based in San Francisco and operates in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle and Washington, D.C. To date, Zeus has hosted more than 17,000 residents for a over 500,000 nights. For more information, visit zeusliving.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About the Role
The product design team is responsible for creating our digital product experiences for each of our customer stakeholders: residents, B2B clients, owners, vendors, and operations staff. We are looking for an exceptional product design leader with experience at a high-growth startup to help Zeus deliver a world-class product that our users love.
You will work with the founding team to contribute to the strategy, vision, and execution of our product roadmap. You will collaborate with our head of research, head of product and head of engineering to drive a culture of research-driven iteration, learning, experimentation, and growth.
About the Team
Our Product Design team is split into the Marketplace, Platform and Resident Experience teams. The Marketplace team is responsible for supporting our rapid home growth, ensuring a strong match between supply and demand, and building tools for our B2B customers. Our Platform team is responsible for designing the internal software used by our logistics and operations teams. Our Resident Experience team partners with our Home Design team to design our core product: the home experience.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the head of product and founding team to define our customer and user-centric design approaches for our product development process.
- Be the voice of the design team. Present UX and design strategy, share design successes and share learnings from failures.
- Encourage iterative design and discovery processes.
- Create a culture that enables healthy collaboration and shared ownership between design, product, and engineering.
- Work with the head of research to establish cross-company feedback and research processes that elevate the voiced and unvoiced needs of business stakeholders and internal users.
- Provide frameworks for product designers to create UX strategy, roadmaps and design briefs for their own areas.
- Constantly tweak and improve these processes to match a growing and evolving company environment.
- Build an incredible team. Identify the skills needed to fulfill Zeus’ design needs and recruit product designers possessing those skills.
- Mentor and support the design team. Enable them to constantly improve and reach their long-term goals.
- Grow Zeus’ design culture internally and expand our design voice to be recognized by the industry at large.
- Give clarity of purpose and generate energy for your team
Who You Are:
- 10+ years as a product designer
- 3+ years managing product design teams including at a high-growth startup
- You have a highly refined design aesthetic but value research-driven design decisions over making things look pretty.
- You heavily invest in the success of your reports.
- You mentor your reports so that they are highly capable of owning work with high autonomy. Avoiding the need for micromanaging.
- You encourage experimentation and enable your reports to take risks.
- You prefer an iterative, fast-paced development style.
- You are pragmatic and flexible. You will adapt your process to what's needed by the company.
- You are data-driven in your decision making, but can trust your gut for the sake of speed
- You have an ownership mentality. You balance what's best for your team with what's best for Zeus.
- You are approachable and welcome feedback
- You foster psychological safety
- You value inclusion and diversity
- You lead by example
- BONUS: Experience in an operations-heavy company with extensive internal users tools
- BONUS: Experience with architecture and interior design
- BONUS: Experience with creative director design leadership
- BONUS: Experience in real estate
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Parking, commuter pass, and education or certification expense coverage
- 20 days paid time off per year + all major holidays
- Catered daily team lunches
- 401K with matching
- Relocation package