Head of Business Development
Do you like the feel of a start-up but the stability of an established company? Are you looking to help establish a new territory but want the backing of a large company with extensive capabilities?
This role is with a large, global, leading organization that has recently started to develop the North American territory. The Head of Business Development will be responsible for running the Biologics business unit in North America and building up a client base in this previously undeveloped territory.
Beginning as an individual contributor, this person will be able to hire direct reports as needed and develop into a “player-coach” type of role. Reporting directly into the Chief Commercial Officer, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career into a strategic role with management responsibilities.
· Manage all existing and new client processes related to Biologics services from initial introduction, contract negotiations, to contract closure.
· Responsibility for all business development functions for the Biologics unity including all sales and marketing functions.
· Liaise with the Biologics Business Unit globally to develop strategy and streamline approach.
· Hire, train, and manage direct reports as business demands (no direct reports currently in place, one direct report approved shortly after onboarding)
· Strategize and plan future growth of the company and participate in internal review meetings.
· At least 5 years of Business Development experience in a Biologics contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO)
· Excellent understanding of Biologics drugs and the CRO/CDMO business model
· Exceptional ability with all sales and contract negotiations duties
· A “team player” attitude and leadership skills
· A determined approach to new business with a dedicated mentality
· Experience with leadership/management responsibilities (preferred)
This role is best suited for a dedicated, hard-working, and ambitious individual who is ready to join an organization in a pseudo-start-up phase ready to strategize and execute new Business Development plans to grow the North American segment of this company exponentially.
This is a remote position and this candidate can be located anywhere in the United States, being close to a Pharmaceutical Industry hub and an airport is preferred.