Skip is looking for a Global Supply Chain Manager to organize materials, supply for all activities for our organization's hardware product deliverables.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Be responsible for AVL for commodity managing supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up including database management in Agile or other ERP systems
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service, and technology
- Interface with Planning and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, and annual/quarterly strategic business objectives
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements, and competitive landscape
- Drive multiple programs efficiently
- Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7-10+ years of experience as a GSM
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction using should-cost analyses
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Ability to successfully work across multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications, with attention to detail
- Direct experience with contract manufacturers and suppliers in Asia
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
- Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
- We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
- We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
- Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.