Global Head of Partnerships
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Global Head of Commercial Partnerships
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to oversee our team of Partnership Managers across the world. You will look after a team based across our global Adyen offices, and partner with key product and other leaders to drive growth. You will be responsible for growing strategic relationships with both tech partners (e.g., Oracle, Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and service partners (e.g., Deloitte) that help Adyen take our proposition to market, to support Adyen’s growth.
You are comfortable working as part of a team, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels both internally and within our partner community.
What you’ll do
- Define a strategy and approach for Partnerships that supports Adyen’s objectives
- Align team focus on strategy and highest impact opportunities, including setting and delivering on commercial goals
- Be commercially aware and able to make business decisions that support the wider commercial team.
- Serve as a senior executive stakeholder, providing strategic and consultative advice to influence the payments strategy of our partners
- Recruit the right partners to open up new business opportunities and enter new markets and sectors
- Drive a consistent flow of new business opportunities (referrals) across our target markets.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product and Sales teams to ensure effective collaboration
- Motivate and coach team members, and encourage creativity and autonomy
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Lead team through a combination of direct and indirect management responsibilities
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are
- An energetic self-starter with a proven commercial edge, a track record of delivering results and the ability to build long term relationships
- Proven leadership experience, ideally across multiple offices
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical understanding
- 15+ years experience, including managing 50+ person global teams, building executive level enterprise relationships, and growth through channel partnerships
- This role is based out of our San Francisco or New York City office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- Some Domestic and International travel required
The annual base salary range for this role is $325,000-375,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.