Wish is bringing affordable goods to consumers in over 70 countries, and our team is focused on delivering the highest impact projects to bring value to our users. New ideas are constantly being tested, and projects are prioritized based on real data gathered by both our data analysts and engineers. Every engineer at Wish is encouraged to work outside their comfort zone and take data-driven risks.
We are extremely passionate about building the best experience for our valued web and mobile site users, across different browsers and operating systems. We use React and Redux on the client side to craft an immersive single page app that is used by millions of people worldwide to make their shopping decisions. We're looking for an experience and passionate engineer to make an impact at Wish by building, maintaining, and enhancing our web based products.
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/web sites, customer support systems, payment systems and user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Product Engineering at Wish is right for you!
For internal use only:
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain and enhance wish.com web and mobile site on a continuous basis
- Improve the reach, discoverability and reputation of our website, so users can easily find our products from search engines in 40+ countries
- Identify area of focus on web to improve our user journey
- Improve localized experiences of international users with different cultures, languages and preference
Who you are
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience and strong passion for building global websites and applications
- Strong understanding of the engineering stack, and how each piece fits into the whole
- Proficient in React, Redux and modern web development
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Bonus: Familiarity working on Search engine optimizations(SEO) with Google and Bing search engines
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.