We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
The full-stack software engineer is a true generalist - someone who has significant experience working on both backend and frontend systems. You will work with the backend APIs which support live vehicle communication, data analysis, internal tooling and fleet monitoring.
- Build web-based 3D data visualizations for exploring and interpreting the behavior of the self-driving system.
- Maintain backend services for data ingestion, processing, and access, including making database changes to accommodate new functionality.
- Expand the functionality of the user interfaces used on the trucks to make notes and observe what the system is thinking.
- Manage internal tools used for ensuring safe operation of Embark’s self-driving stack.
- Work on tooling for monitoring our fleet of autonomous trucks.
Your Experience Might Include:
- 3+ years in full-stack web development
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Exposure to backend services written in Python using traditional relational databases like MySQL.
- Experience with data visualization, graphics programming, or 3D game development. WebGL experience would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Familiarity with the principles of human-centered design would be a plus.
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
Embark Blog - Series C and Transfer Hubs
Forbes - 70 Million Dollar Series C
Video - Day in the life of a self-driving truck
Embark Blog - Disengagement Report
30 Million Dollar Series B led by Sequoia