About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced, passionate Frontend Engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team. As part of a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, designer, and 4-6 software engineers and QA analysts, you will be an active partner in the design, coding, unit testing, and release of new features and enhancements for our growing customer base.
We value a fun, collaborative, team-oriented work environment, where we celebrate our accomplishments.
A Day in the Life
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Rocket Lawyer products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end components and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with other team members
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Champion the adoption of new technologies
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS/LESS/SASS.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience integrating with back-end web services via REST-based APIs.
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for web and mobile.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Knowledge of web architecture and the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with MVC development.
- Knowledge of caching strategies.
- Knowledge of cloud development.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- Weekly Friday catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site