Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early stage food-tech startup empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers in California who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing investors in the Bay Area and beyond.
About the Role:
Thistle is looking for a freelance Food / Lifestyle Videographer to work with our creative & marketing teams to shoot fresh content about products, ingredients, farmers, and people enjoying our food! The content will be featured on the website, social media and emails. We’re looking for a self-starter with a love for food and making it look delicious, fun, fresh and relatable, and with a proven ability to film and direct food/lifestyle video shoots from start to finish. This will be a fun, creative position that will take our brand to the next level.
This is a contract position with a consistent project-by-project work schedule of around 15-20 hrs/week of shooting and editing, potentially more. Must be available to film on-site in our SF HQ as well as on-location throughout the city(occasionally the broader Bay Area).
What You'll Do:
- Shooting digital video to meet marketing needs(including instructional and/or quick tip videos, stop motion, as well as promotional material).
- Filming 1-2 videos per week
- Sometimes filming multiple in-studio video shoots per day
- Setting up and tearing down film/kitchen equipment each day
- Working collaboratively with our brand designer, photographer, and culinary team
- Creating and maintaining library of video shoots
- Assisting in shot listing and storyboarding for video as required
- Applying experience and video knowledge to help bring creative vision to life
What You'll Bring:
- Your own camera and video equipment(lighting equipment is a plus)
- Ability to implement creative ideas for styling and filming food
- Ability to cut and edit video into various formats for web, ads, social etc.
- Experience creating stop-motion video and GIFs
- Basic understanding of studio lighting
- Ability to juggle several projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with Mac computer, Adobe Creative Suite(a plus, but not a requirement)
- Video editing experience required
- Passion for food and working with other food lovers, with a demonstrated ability to make your work reflect the love that goes into our products and the energy of the people that make them.
Who You Are:
- A creator and entrepreneurial spirit(you don’t need your hand held when it comes to taking care of your work) unafraid to take initiative or get your hands dirty with every stage of production, from ideation and script writing to shooting and editing
- Direct and collaborative communicator with a positive attitude who enjoys working on a team and getting input(including creative feedback) from all directions to build innovative, beautiful video assets
- Results oriented with a high-quality bar and attention to detail
- Passionate about food and committed to developing a socially responsible brand and business.
Life At Thistle:
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Delicious & nutritious meals, snacks & juice to help keep you feeling healthy and energized
- Casual work environment
- Fun team outings (fitness classes, BBQs, happy hours, and more)
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.