Formation’s Finance Department is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. Our platform learns and adapts to people's preferences, habits, and feedback—orchestrating highly relevant experiences that are truly unique to each person. Our vision will change the way people engage with their favorite brands across multiple industries, be it retail, finance, or healthcare.
As a Financial Analyst you will help us build out our FP&A function. You will be involved in all areas related to planning, forecasting, modeling, and financial reporting. This position will report to the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate bring a solid FP&A background in corporate finance and/ or investment banking.
- Use predictive modeling and analytics to forecast Formation’s business results, identify growth opportunities, influence business partners, and drive effective decision-making
- Develop meaningful collaborative relationships with key partners in R&D, Product Marketing and other internal stakeholders
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to help resolve broader business problems, build cost of sales plans, establish financial and operating targets and determine optimal resource requirements
- Design, develop and deliver robust and scalable reporting
- Simplify complex problems and large data sets in order to extract non-obvious insights
- Be personable, compassionate and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Craft and deliver impactful presentations that tell a story passionate about insights, not just data
- Maintain high level of detail while working across a broad range of projects
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (economics, math, etc); MBA a plus
- At least 5 years of work experience in financial analysis - preferably in a SaaS environment
- Superior financial modeling skills (including advanced Google Sheets, Excel, SQL)
- Expertise in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, including solving complex and unstructured problems
- Deep understanding of statistics and predictive modeling, and experience using these techniques in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with a great team, but be capable of operating independently - maintaining relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS and Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience supporting fundraising efforts
Formation distills complex customer data into uniquely tailored experiences; we orchestrate physical and digital exchanges into one seamless journey. Our business is building lasting, trusted relationships between people and brands—and making it look easy.
We're already reaching millions of people a day, and we're just getting started. Our founding leadership is equal parts business, design, and engineering—because we believe differing perspectives + passionate discourse achieve the greatest outcomes. We are collectively talented, but also humble. We give our whole selves. We love learning new things.
Formation is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Also, we are thrilled to be named one of the Top 50 startups by LinkedIn! Every member of our team makes Formation a special place to work and grow. Come join us and see for yourself!