Risk Assurance Overview
BPM’s Risk Assurance practice works with businesses to help control exposure to risk, whether it’s financial, operational, regulatory or technological risk, through a strategic risk-based approach. We focus on assisting our clients with Internal Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness and implementation, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), regulatory compliance, IPO readiness, and technical accounting assistance.
You Have (Requirements)
- A bachelors or masters in business administration, accounting, information systems, economics or related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in Internal Audit, controls assurance, SOX compliance, IT Assurance, IT risk adviser or controls related services for public accounting firm, profession services firm, or within industry.
- Assurance professionals also welcome to apply.
- Professional certifications CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA and/or MBA preferred.
- Non-certified professionals will be required to become certified to be considered for promotion to Manager.
- Working knowledge of control frameworks (such as COSO, etc.) and professional standards preferred.
Skills & Attributes for Success
- Prior experience with implementing SOX program and testing, including risk assessment, process documentation (narratives/flowcharts), testing of controls is preferred.
- Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process re-engineering, project management, and ERP packages is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulations related to Anti-corruption and anti-bribery preferred.
- Working knowledge of data analytics software such as IDEA or ACL preferred.
You Will (Job Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to work on and deliver internal audit , Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing, ERM and compliance related projects for clients in various industries.
- Assist clients in optimizing their risk and control activities, including control effectiveness and optimization activities.
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to completion, which includes the overall planning, execution, reporting and managing the economics/ budget of the engagement.
- Apply industry leading practices at client engagements to identify risks and opportunities of improvement.
- Train, and mentor interns assigned to the client engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts for team as needed.
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”
- Recognition as “Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area”
- Summer Hours – Leave early on Friday afternoons from June to August!
- BPMU – A corporate university that’s dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and advisory services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders like Ashwani Verma, Brian Finnegan, and Nick Steiner. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
LinkedIn Code: #LI-PP1
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.