The Executive Assistant will be the “right hand” to three of our Americas-region sales leaders, clarifying and tuning their schedules, and serving as an interface to external persons and groups looking to book time. Additionally, this assistant will manage a tightly scoped set of projects, such as processing vendor contracts through our procurement process, applications for visas for international travel, interfacing with external vendors, gathering stakeholders for key meetings, and team event planning and coordination.
This role will provide an outsized opportunity to learn the functions and patterns of a born-in-the cloud business that exhibits benefits of being both a small business but within the context of a larger organization (Microsoft). You'll be entrusted with highly sensitive information on a regular basis relating to M&A activity, financial plans, and strategic partnerships. If you are energetic, organized, and comfortable clarifying the value and impact of an action before performing it, this might be the right role for you. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and capable of making decisions with minimal guidance. We’re looking for an individual who sees problems as puzzles to solve, and is resourceful in their ingredients to the solution. By nature, this person is well-organized - if your sock drawer is color-coded, vacation plans for next fall already confirmed, files are neatly labeled, and taxes are done a month early, this could be your dream role.
This role reports to the VP of Corporate Sales, also serves the VP of AMER Sales and VP of Field Services. This role will need to work across multiple time zone requirements.
You will need to take ownership of the following:
- Budgeting, planning, and organization of large-scale events, such as all-hands meetings and quarterly business reviews (QBRs).
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas.
- Provide administrative support, including calendaring, and expense report preparation.
- Manage meeting agendas, notes, minutes, and follow-up items.
- Effectively act as a gatekeeper and general deputy of time, fielding internal and external scheduling requests and providing recommendations that are aligned with executives’ priorities.
- At least 10 years of experience as an executive assistant in an energizing environment.
- Experience working in technical environments and comfortable with project management.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly like GitHub, project management software, and the like.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with creative, critical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs.
- Proficient in office software such as calendars, spreadsheets, presentation apps, and OSX.
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within the organization.
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- 10+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Proficiency in Google Calendar, Google Docs, Slack, and Zoom.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.