Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Vir Biotechnology (Vir), a San Francisco company with a bold mission to end infectious disease, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for our amazing team! The most incredible opportunity awaits you if you have C-level support experience in Life Sciences!
- Logistical ninja and master of outlook tetris! Must be able to schedule, coordinate, set up meetings and get our brilliant leaders to activities on time
- Provide administrative support to senior leadership team members; keeping them well informed and well prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Proactively prioritize conflicting needs and competing demands, to include the management of several very active calendars
- Act on senior leadership team members’ behalf with callers and electronic communication
- Coordinate shared workspace for conferences and meeting rooms (zoom meeting room experience a plus)
- Coordinate both domestic and worldwide travel plans including expense reporting and reimbursement and reviewing and obtaining travel Visas as required (Casto Travel and Concur Expense Reporting a plus)
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants (both inside and outside of Vir) to coordinate calendars, requests, and events
- Prepare communications with Various Boards of Directors and Board Committees
- Receive, screen and handle telephone calls, mail, and other correspondence
- Provide secondary support to the team members across various departments
- Schedule phone, in person and video interviews in various departments, across multiple time zones
- Greet on-site candidates and manage the logistics of the interviews scheduled
- Assist employees with Visa
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous pharma/ biotech industry experience desired
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to continuously shift focus and priorities under pressure to meet deadlines and other expectations
- Ability to work independently, while keeping all concerned parties informed
- Committed to job and team; available after hours and on weekends by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Confidence working with senior executives, key opinion leaders and dignitaries
- Fine attrention to detail
- Minimum B.S./B.A.
- 10+ years experience
VIR is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.