Founders Pledge is a charity that brings together a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to the most pressing global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. Our in-house research and advisory team helps them understand how and where those donations will create the biggest impact based on the latest evidence from the sector. We facilitate grants to charities around the world on behalf of our members and offer access to a global network of experts, at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised nearly $2 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1,250 members, it includes the people behind industry-leading companies including WeWork, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and proactive Executive Assistant to join our growing West Coast office provide support for our San Francisco Managing Director, Danielle Gram, through calendar management, email follow-up, meeting note-taking and travel/logistics management, among other tasks as they arise, enabling her to be super effective in his role of growing our West Coast community of entrepreneurs empowered to do immense good. You will be an integral member of our global team, liaising with other senior staff across the organisation as well as our other Executive Assistants and administrative support to make sure Founders Pledge runs smoothly and efficiently.
Your previous experience working with senior and high-profile staff in high-growth, fast-paced environments will set you up perfectly to be successful in this role. We move fast and your ability to not only manage scheduling requests and email responses but also anticipate clashes, be proactive in reaching out to prospective members and making sure that enough 'thinking' time is built into Danielle's calendar will be invaluable.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take the skills you have built as an Executive Assistant in an exciting start-up environment with a clear mission to make a significant and real impact in the world of philanthropy, then this is the role for you!
Reporting to our San Franscisco MD and working as part of our global EA team, you will be responsible for:
- Calendar management, including high volume of scheduling for Danielle: you will manage Danielle's calendar to not only ensure she has clear information as to where she needs to be and when, but also providing clear context and briefs for her meetings
- Drafting e-mail correspondence to high profile individuals and donors: grammar, spelling and tone must always be pristine. Strong emphasis on the ability to communicate with many different types of individuals effectively.
- Data entry: working with global community team members to keep our client database up to date with contact information and meeting notes. Keeping on top of preferred processes for sales pipeline and data management for Danielle and occasionally other members of the growth team.
- Note taking, transcribing and writing meeting briefs: transcribing a high volume of voice notes and sharing with appropriate team members, creating daily meeting briefs for Danielle, as well as other reports which require research and a high level of detail.
- Travel and logistics planning: planning travel and accommodation for a large number of meetings, conferences, participation in industry events and interviews or speaking opportunities for various podcasts, print and digital media.
- Office management tasks as required: including ordering office supplies, liaising with managed co-working space staff for building support, managing internal and external mail plus other office-related tasks as required.
This role is perfect for someone who has:
- Significant experience in an Executive Assistant role, ideally within a fast-paced work environment, supporting senior-level / C-Suite executives
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with an almost telepathic level of understanding of how best to support their executive
- An ability to keep track of tasks with a laser focus on following through on things that might span weeks or months
- Excellent written skills with an ability to write professionally in a variety of tones, making sure that spelling and grammar is impeccable
- A strong sense of initiative, an understanding of what is best for the business and an attitude of 'rolling up your sleeves' to make it so
START DATE: ASAP
WHERE: San Francisco office located in a shared workspace
HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $65,000-$75,000 (DOE)
Why work with us
- Help shape the future of strategic philanthropy
- Join a team of talented, mission-driven individuals
- Generous vacation time to let you recharge and refresh
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan - 100% covered by Founders Pledge
- Access to both Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) plan (Human Interest)
- Commuter benefits (WageWorks)
- Discounted membership with your choice of gym
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.