We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is looking for an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to our two co-CEOs. This person will provide personalized secretarial and administrative support to the co-founders and co-CEOs in a well-organized and timely manner. They will work on a one-to-two basis on a variety of tasks related to the co-CEOs working / personal life and communication. This role will also provide support in tasks for the executive leadership team. Working closely with these executives on a daily basis, this person will keep them organized and prepared for the events of the day. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in supporting a C-level executive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. This person has an approachable attitude and must be a mature professional, gifted with the ability to handle urgent and challenging situations with grace and tact.
- By the end of 3 months:
- Has maintained thorough communication with the co-CEOs so they are caught up on their meetings and daily/weekly schedule
- Ensured that the co-CEOs are on time for meetings, interviews, briefings, has all materials necessary, and is prepared for each event
- Followed through that the co-CEOs have carried out daily meetings, interviews, events, and other tasks as needed
- Maintained correspondence internally and externally as a liaison on behalf the co-CEOs to ensure all parties working with the co-CEOs are notified and on the same page
- Assisted team members with coordinating the co-CEOs schedule (e.g. 1on1s, interviews, etc.)
- Completed and submitted reporting in a timely manner
- Manages certain organizational aspects of the co-CEO’s personal lives, (restaurant bookings, birthday presents, etc.)
- Manage the calendar for the co-CEOs with day-to-day scheduling
- Act as the point of contact between the executives and internal and external clients
- Coordinate both internal and external meetings and events for the co-CEOs and as needed
- Set up travel and accommodations for the executives and/or visitors coming to Calm
- Work with HR and Recruiting teams on set up meetings, prepare reports, and assist with any projects for the executive teamAssist in presentation preparation and production of letters, memoranda, reports, etc. as necessary
- Provide core administrative support
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements
- Handle non-work related tasks for the execs
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Great time management; can prioritize well
- Excels in multitasking and takes initiatives
- Professional, yet approachable and friendly
- Experience in calendar management, travel, and expense reports
- Proven success in supporting C-level executives
- Experience in tech startups and has demonstrated ability to achieve goals and be flexible in a low structure, fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task with incredible time management skills while maintaining a high-level professional demeanor
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Substantial experience managing calendars, expenses, and travel
- Outstanding communication, organization, detail-orientation, and problem-solving skills
- Has demonstrated initiative, creativity, flexibility and follow-through
- Quick learner with a knack for technology, who is able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Must be able to work full-time at the SF office
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!