We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operational success of multiple online live training events that help Pearson fulfill its mission of supporting the life-long learner. The Event Coordinator is part of a dynamic cross-functional team of portfolio managers, producers and trainers dedicated to bringing world-class live instruction to IT Professionals in all levels of their professional development.
Accurately maintain event schedules and manage daily updates to event pipeline documents.
Assign in-house and freelance producers to new courses.
Regularly communicate with presenters and partners about upcoming events, including on-boarding meetings, materials deadlines, troubleshooting and pre-event calls.
Provide day-of event coordination and support for presenters, partners and staff.
Conduct post-event follow-up with presenters as part of the product line improvement feedback loop.
Document process changes to incorporate into future presenter and staff training.
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in online live event, conference or meeting planning.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, high-intensity event-based environment.
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership in time-sensitive workflow and deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Smartsheets a plus.
- Experience with online event management systems a plus.
- Take initiative, lead change, and solve problems
- Demonstrate thoughtful, strategic, and customer-focused decision making
- Prioritize effectively
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly in a team
- Sensitive to requirements of working in a culturally diverse environment