Enterprise Business Development Representative
Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill its full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies with a built-in fully customizable scoring engine, full sales engagement stack, and deep analytics suite. We empower companies to do more than conduct outreach but also learn who to target, how to reach out, and what to say at speed and scale - help sales and marketing teams identify and convert their most likely potential customers.
We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of go-to-market teams serving them with data and engagement abilities. We drive growth and success by providing the means for teams to discover and utilize their organization's best practices.
Your Role & Mission
As a Business Development Representative, you will support Apollo's pipeline efforts by uncovering qualified opportunities in the mid-market and enterprise segments. Your main responsibilities will be to penetrate key target accounts by reaching out to ideal customer persona individuals through phone, emails, social etc and engaging their interest in Apollo.
In this role, you will ask a lot of questions to understand a prospect's pain points, needs and current priorities. Your abilities to capture the prospect's attention and interest will be key as you grasp the prospect's challenges and explain how Apollo works in that context. Your goal is to set discovery meetings with qualified prospects where they can explore Apollo in depth. As the first touch-point between Apollo and a prospect, you will play a key role in educating them by articulating Apollo's value differentiators and shaping their perception and experience as you attract, engage and qualify them.
You are expected to be sharp at understanding a prospect's pain points, self-motivated, disciplined and extremely good at time management.
You are confident at conversing with VP-level and C-level leaders at a range of companies in a consultative tone. You are comfortable being accountable and achieving realistic monthly targets.
- You have excellent attention to detail
- Great listener and intellectually curious
- Great at asking questions and has a problem-solving mindset
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and articulate a complex subject matter in a simple-to-understand manner
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Strong organization and time management
- Collaborative and coachable
Role & Responsibilities:
- Reaching out to decision-makers at prospect accounts over phone and email. Engaging them in conversation to assess a mutual fit.
- Personalizing your conversation to the prospect's background so that you can earn their trust and attention.
- Maintaining accurate records in the CRM of outcomes of calls, conversations, and follow-up steps.
- Researching accounts and contacts for personalization data points.
- Account-based prospecting
- Drive pipeline through personalized outreach to multiple stakeholders within HiredScore’s key enterprise prospect accounts
- Qualify inbound leads
- Collaborate with Account Executives to develop account outreach strategies and the Marketing Team to ensure our messages are always on-brand.
- Help to build scalable prospecting campaigns based on data
- Write compelling emails, LinkedIn messages, etc. that lead to booked meetings for the Account Executives
Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Experience crafting business messages
- Quick learner and technically adept
- Past BDR experience or owning a quota is desired but not required
- CRM exposure preferred but not required
- 2+ years B2B SDR or sales related experience in the tech/software space; targeting large, multi-stakeholder engagements.
- Candidates should have one of the following: software/saas experience or other related tech space business experience
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails, great phone manner and keen understanding of effectively using social media
- Consistently hit engagement and prospecting activity targets on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Set up qualified discovery calls between qualified prospects and High Segment sales reps
- Consistently hit quota on the number of qualified meetings set per month
- Conduct conversations and follow-ups with target personas while appropriately leveraging sales collateral to articulate the value proposition
- Actively maintain sales pipeline with documented activity in accordance with sales process and methodologies
- Own the process of follow-ups and communication until qualified meeting and hand-off to sales rep is completed
Challenges & Projects You'll Take on:
Executing outbound actions across various defined channels such as:
- Paid customers
- Free accounts
- New buying centers at free and paid customer accounts
- Executing on defined sales motions and testing and reporting various messaging/ sales play experiments
- Targeting enterprise accounts
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our team. Not only do we offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, but we also ensure that our team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. A forward thinking company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximise impact and work towards their career goals.
Our work environment is highly diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available and we're building a long-term company, and we want you to be a part of that growth and help scale the organisation and its talent!
If this type of work sounds interesting to you and you have the necessary experience and qualifications, - please apply and we hope to talk to you soon!